About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Just a happy 23 year old with Bipolar. Attempting to make a little bit of a difference to enhance this beautiful world. I choose rose-tinted sunglasses. xo

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mental Wealth. Thanks JJN :)


For context, I met this guy on the OC ride home. He sat next to me and creeped me out when he sat next to me. Turns out he suffers from some mental health issues. Between Rideau and Bayshore we talked and in honour of yesterday, Bell's Let Talk day, and it being Mental Health Awareness Week, I though I could share. Enjoy:

PS: Let's Talk Dirty Little Secrets With JJN



JJN
12/11/12
to me
Hey! Hope you got home safe. Why don't you and I grab a drink sometime and get to know each other a little more? :)

JJN

J
Ottawa, Ontario
cell: 

"Mr. Bear, Mr. Bear. What nice suits you wear. But you're not clever like a fox; nor quick like a hare. I've set you a trap. You're in for a scare."


Sent from my iPhone.
Jenelle Sullivan <jenelle.sullivan@gmail.com>
Jan 12
to JJN
Hey JJN,
I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you... I had to stay at the hospital for an unexpected visit... And I'm still technically there, just on a weekend pass at home. Apparently I'm bipolar lol. Not funny, just context wise it made me smile that you were just so... OK with the things that are "difficult" and it made me realize that a lot of wonderful people have "issues". I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and maybe we could grab a coffee sometime. I should just say that I do have a boyfriend, not that you needed to know, I just don't like things being misinterpreted. 
Let me know if you are up for it sometime in a few weeks time. 
JJN
Jan 12
to me
Hey JJN,
I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you... 

Hey Jenelle! Yes, yes it has been some weeks, but that is quite alright! I understand that sometimes life puts challenges ahead of us and they get in the way of intentions.

 I had to stay at the hospital for an unexpected visit... And I'm still technically there, just on a weekend pass at home. Apparently I'm bipolar lol.

Ah! so sad to hear this but so happy you're helping yourself! some people sit at home and feel sorry for themselves and then there are those like you who recognize theres a problem and do SOMETHING about it. Something LOGICAL. :) The healthcare system is a great resource and I feel the we are blessed to have such a world-class privilege. So don't be ashamed or anything if you are. I occasionally do security at the hospitals and can tell you, confidently, that you're in very good hands. Random but not so random fun-fact. I was in a relationship with a bi-polar girl and can safely say that i know a lot about it. :)

Not funny, just context wise it made me smile that you were just so... OK with the things that are "difficult" and it made me realize that a lot of wonderful people have "issues".

And still, I stand by that belief. You've got problems, but so do I! I'm not afraid to admit it, either, and i'm glad you did. :) I've said it before and I'll say it again: Life IS difficult. But It is through DIFFICULTY that we become wise and our souls, purified. :)

I hope you had a wonderful holiday season and maybe we could grab a coffee sometime.

Of course I did! Holidays are meant to be positive and I think that mine most certainly was. :) and yeah... maybe we can. It would be nice to do some face to face and shoot the shit, you know? :)

 I should just say that I do have a boyfriend, not that you needed to know, I just don't like things being misinterpreted. 

Aww really? I was totally going to ask you to marry me and you just ruined it!!! :(

Kidding. That's fine, Jenelle! To be totally honest here, i normally tear a strip off people who say that out of the blue, but you articulated that i don't need to know and that you just dont want things to be misinterpreted. which, to me, shows preservation of respect toward me. so i thank you for that. :)

Some guys get lead on easily, yeah. but not me. i can be "intense" to talk to in person but thats just my bold personality in it's full colour. :) i never mke a move if someone has a boyfriend and i respect that they are in a relationship. :)

but there are some women who say "i have a boyfriend" right away and with no explanation like you gave and that, to me, is merely a form of closed mindedness and self flattery!

anyways, thanks again for being an efficient communicator of your feelings. :) 

Let me know if you are up for it sometime in a few weeks time. 
Well, I have a lot of extra time for the next little while because there are two "blackout periods" per year at my main job with the gov't. We happen to be in the middle of the winter one right now. So aside from being at Algonquin on Thursday and Friday mornings, I'm open to hanging out with anyone who wants to have a good time with a friend. :)

And no, your boyfriend doesn't need to be insecure and worry about me trying to marry you! lol ;) it's Just a a coffee/tea haha.

Anyways, Jenelle! really nice to hear back from you.

Let me know when you want to do that coffee/tea. And seriously speaking, I don't mind visiting you at the hospital, at all. I understand you're going through lots and so I'm more than happy to accommodate. :)

Feel free to send me a text message, too, Jenelle! My number is in the signature. :)

Looking forward to your response! :)

JJN

- J
Ottawa, Ontario
cell:

"Sincerity makes the very least person to be of 
more value than the most talented hypocrite."



No comments:

Post a Comment