About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Just a happy 23 year old with Bipolar. Attempting to make a little bit of a difference to enhance this beautiful world. I choose rose-tinted sunglasses. xo

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Year Ago vs. Current Day

So Considering how long it usually takes me to post... I figured I might as well retell some of the tales of my year abroad loosely around the time I did it... But for the Summer part... I may need to post here and there because there is a lot to write...

Hey Sam, Are those even pants??
Just kidding, You look cute...
BUT SERIOUSLY. We planned to be out all day... In the cold. 
I'm just sitting in the basement. "The Man Cave" as my dad is currently calling it... He is concerned about the increasing levels of estrogen creeping in to his "Spyder Web" or something. Love you daddy.
My laptop is broken... So it's just sitting there all pretty and not turning on. Awesome. I think I might have sent the Euro MadLibs to Christina's laptop at some point... I hope. Long train rides to write those... But that's okay because there seems to be a constant supply of pretzels on hand in the basement...
But I am waitress-ing again. Work. Distractions. Money. Cash tips. It's okay. Fun.

Sam on top of Christina and I... So cold.
And we don't care but we have tickets for this bus and it's the last one of the night. So we need to be on it to get home. 
Last year this time. I was watching kids choirs in a play ground in France. I was decorating a tree and cleaning my room for my sister's visit. I was packing for Barcelona and baking cookies and not dealing with wet cold. There was no snow for Christmas and New Years. We froze because we dressed like idiots and top an open air bus tour and didn't want to sit inside for some reason (Come to think of it... Maybe it wasn't an option? We FROZE.) We ate seafood and drank wine on Christmas Eve and opened gifts at midnight...

Christmas is a few days away and I still haven't gone shopping. I work Thursday and Friday too... When is CHRISTMAS... Sunday right?

OH THANK GOD. Checked. Sunday. So. 6 DAYS. Get your poop together.

Happy holidays all. Safe holidays. You have a teenager that owes you a favour and can babysit of dd you home... Just saying.


xo Jenelle


No comments:

Post a Comment