About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Just a happy 23 year old with Bipolar. Attempting to make a little bit of a difference to enhance this beautiful world. I choose rose-tinted sunglasses. xo

Monday, November 8, 2010

Jet Lag and Love

So I haven't updated in a while because I had to to a whirlwind trip back to Canada to get my official visa to stay in France. Now I know most people would have done this before initially leaving (I honestly did try) but when all else fails and you are living and working illegally on an emergency passport, nothing is better than a trip to the motherland.
Oh Canada. How I have missed you. Less than I had anticipated, but missed all the same. I'm confident that if I could just round up my family and friends, my kitty cat, a Dollarama, and cheesecake I would be completely satisfied anywhere in the world... but something has to be said for actually understanding the customs of a place too.  I love that I know how to order at a restaurant, pump gas, and make small talk without sounding like I am struggling that people legitimately stop to watch you.
And Halloween!! You don't get to be older and wear a costume in France! Whoever made that rule has some serious explaining to doing my books, because they have single-handedly just destroyed my 3rd favorite holiday (right after St. Paddy's Day, and Xmas #1). I was Dorothy not only because I already had the costume, although that was awesome, but also because I got to spend the entire night repeating, "There's no place like home," to anyone within earshot.
I must say, I am happy to be back. It feels strangely like home here. And although I am as awkward as ever, I have this re energized feeling about being here. That and it always smells like campfire here at night which is just perfect. Oh and I have a visa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment