About Me

My photo
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Just a happy 23 year old with Bipolar. Attempting to make a little bit of a difference to enhance this beautiful world. I choose rose-tinted sunglasses. xo

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Just another day in France...

It has officially been 54 days of living in Maison Laffitte, France, a suburb of Paris, Ile-de-France.
What I have learned today? The Macarena is still extremely popular with 9 year-old girls. In fact it is so popular that there is no objection to listening to it on repeat several times. I guess it does beat the typical Hannah Montana playlist that usually reigns over the house. At least I can dance to this song without having to feel any embarrassment, after all everyone is doing it... You can't resist the Macarena. I just don't think I'll introduce them to the "YMCA" any time soon for fear of what that may bring. And because I know you were all dying to hear it too...
I also had the experience of attempting to choose decent wines from a convenience store. And why would this present any problem you may ask? Well first off it is really hard to determine what a 3 dollar bottle of wine will taste like. Will it be any better then the 2 dollar options? And is the most expensive bottle really worth the 6 euros they are asking? Really who buys any liquor from a convenience store? But they do sell legitimate brands of liquor that I recognize from home so maybe it will all be good? The decision was simple in the end: Buy 4 different bottles and figure it out when I get home. Although by the end of the taste test I'm sure they will all be "delicious"... almost as great as the hangover the next day promises to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment